Clunky, but has potential. I’ll probably return to this idea another time.
Just a branch or two tremor --or should that be tremble?— it’s hard to know the proper word, so many to defy conventions with.
“The rainbow crossarchangeled the retirement-home-wall sky”
looks promising, but will anyone get that:
- “cross” started the whole thing, “crossed the sky”…
- made me think of crossword, but crosswords are perpendicular, which a rainbow is not
- so, “cross arc” solved that problem, a rainbow being an arc
- It’s also an “arch,” and of course I think of “archangel,” because
- arch and arch aren’t pronounced the same, which tickles me, and
- I liked the idea of an angel holding up a rainbow, and
- angel sounds like “angle,” referring back to crossword puzzle geometry.
- Thus “crossarchangel,” which confers other possible meanings on the rainbow. It could be “cross,” i.e. angry. It could be a chief (or high) rainbow.
- Never mind whether any reader will calculate that “retirement-home-wall” is a substitute for “gray.”
And this doesn’t account for wrong—intentionally—grammar.
A verb by any other word would speed as sweet(ly).